Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lamp Makeover

Follow Me on Pinterest My ALL TIME favorite Saturday morning activity may be junkin'...looking for a good piece of junk at flea markets, garage sales & auctions just starts a weekend off right for me. You can find a score like these...
Okay so maybe in this picture it looks like HIDEOUS dusty old piece of junk but I see an oversized lamp with lots of detail and potential. Bonus - they cam in a set of two for $16! These babies are big, like 4ft tall and just waiting to live in my home. So I loaded them up pronto.

I finally got to do a little make over on them yesterday. Lamp make over's are a quick - instant gratification project - which I love. I used some Emerald/Kelly Green spray paint from good ole Walmart and some Chevron/Ikat fabric found at Hobby Lobby with poppin' color to turn drab into something pretty fabulous...



If you haven't tackled making over a lamp - you can find them at thrift stores for under $10 so they are a great crafty project for anyone to try. You typically need about a half a yard of fabric of your choice, hot glue, spray paint primer and spray paint in the color & finish of your choice. Spray your lamp and while it's drying adhere the fabric around the top and bottom rim of the shade, pulling taunt as you go. You can cover rough edges & seams with decorative ribbon or trim as well for a more finished & custom look too.

Amazing what 30 minutes can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips