Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Problem Solved?

To be perfectly honest, I have a problem.

I try to blame my lack of organization on just having too much on my plate or other people messing up my system but the real ugly truth is that I'm an organizational MESS!

I am just not a very oganized person.

I don't want to be disorganized.

I'd LOVE for everything to have a perfectly designated home, rather than searching high & low all the time for things.

I'd LOVE to know what's on the calendar each day rather than relying on my BFF to keep up with my hair appointments.

I'd LOVE not to be sending belated birthday cards but rather pro-actively sending them out before the actual birthday.

I'd LOVE to know the answer to "what's for dinner?" before it's actually dinner time.

I'd LOVE to know when my dogs are due for shots, not get an ugly answer from the boarding facility when I go to drop them off (happens to me EVERY time!).

So I'm going to do something about it! I painted this desk...



Not a big deal right?

Well I'm claiming it to be an extremely big deal. It will function as my command center and launch me into being my most organized self : )

At least that's what I'm imagining. It will have a family calendar, stash of cards, stamps & envelops. Maybe coupons & mail? It will be the hub where I pay bills from and so much more! It's a craft/mess free zone designated to ME being organized. Wish me luck.

<3Katie


PS:The technical side of this post is that I took a slick surface desk I found on craigslist and primed it and painted it slightly neon acid yellow (it's not for everyone). Then we added a quatrefoil top detail and refinished the hardware and did some distressing to make it something I love to look at. It's full of character & a little spunky. Hopefully it's so inviting I want to sit down and organize something: )

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the desk! Its so cute!
    I am an organize FREAK! If you need any help planning dinners a month in advance (I do it every month) or a life planner suggestion (I LOVE my EC Life Planner), just let me know. I would love to help! ;)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips