Monday, February 13, 2012

Numbered Dresser...from Blah to Bam!

I'm totally hooked on making my own chalk paint...all the furniture in my house better be on high alert...PREPARE TO BE ALTERED! bahahaha! I'd like to think I am taking old pieces from BLAH to BAM using my new found love for chalk paint.

My lofty goal is to make over my entire bedroom with what we already have or by making something rather than going out and buying new. We are preparing to move to a new home and I think e re-done pieces will be so fresh for our new Master Bedroom. So this will be our DIY master suite by Katie! : ) Be watching for the bedroom to be made over piece by piece (slowly but surely???).

This is my hubs tall boy dresser, we have matching nightstands and a low dresser as well. It's all Ethan Allen sturdy solid wood furniture just out dated looking. I totally loved the stenciled number look from the Growth Chart (a.k.a. Super sized rulers) I made earlier this year and wanted to do something with those for this project.  See BLAH...

With a little off white chalk paint (add 1 part Plaster of Paris to 2 parts paint) and some sanding you get this~! BAM!




I love it - the hubs isn't so sure about the numbers though. Oh well,  happy wife = happy life! Off to my next chalk paint project...a curvy little end table that is destined to be distressed in black paint.
Tennis
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips