Wednesday, February 15, 2012

End Table make over

 
Thanks to my mother's love of frequently re-decorating her home I am often the recipient of hand me down furniture pieces...This end table is one of those such scores!

 It was a light solid oak ornate end table that didn't quiet go with our current living room so it was the next victim of my chalk painting spree!


Pin It




Pin It


I whipped myself up some home made chalk paint with some black paint and Plaster of Paris I had on hand. Painted the table with two coats of the mixture, then sanded and finaly finished with a coat of dark walnut Minwax stain. After everything was dry I sealed with a coat of Shellac for a shiney finish.


Pin It




Now it's a one of a kind shabby chic love of mine - perfect for the living room!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips