Saturday, May 5, 2012

Master Bedroom Series (Inspiration & Progress Update)

As part of the master bedroom make over series I wanted to share some of the bits of inspiration for the room. I have collected many of them on my Pinterest boards but wanted to share a few of my favorite things and how they relate to our bedroom. We are going for a Grey, Yellow & pops of Teal color scheme like this one from Design Seeds. I think it will be warm but modern still too.


This bedding is by Urban Outfitters and it's ruffle LOVE. A great blend of masculine color and feminine ruffles. My bedding is being made in a similar way with a variety of Joel Dewberry fabrics by an amazing seamstress who I'm lucky to have as a friend. Can't wait to see the final product.

We have a large window seat in the room begging for some curtains and I selected a fabric from Decorate 23's Etsy shoppe. It's this over sized Chevron patterned which are also being made for the room. It was more economical for me to buy 9 yards of fabric and get LONG drapes made than to go out and order/find them in what I wanted for the room so keep that in mind when doing drapes for your own home because window treatments can get spendy.


Since the walls and bedroom will be largely grey in color I need to find ways to bring in those pops of color that make it fun and unique. So I have already started making over our furniture and purchased an over sized old door for the headboard. Here are a few peaks and pieces so far.
 
The Mr. didn't want a yellow or grey dresser so he got distressed white with a little funk on the numbers.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/walljunque Our Whimsical Wall {jUnQuE} frames in Grey & Yellow.


We took our exsisting night stand and painted them Yellow and sanded then distressed with glaze for a worn look.


Here is a thrift store lamp find I made over to fit the room and add some of those turquoise pops I want.

Stay tuned for MORE from our bedroom series makeover as it starts to come together!
 
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips