Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Super sized" Ruler...a.k.a. Growth Chart

Pin It
So I've been inspired by a smattering of growth charts pinned on Pinterest. I had an "I can do that" moment so... I did! I took 8" wide pine board and transformed them into these keepsake growth charts I can measure my kiddo on each year, month etc.

This is such a better alternative to marking on a wall or door jam that is forever bound to a home that you may move from. I love it! I also love that it was a simple project - some stain, paint pen & stencils and in about an hour you can whip one up too. Here is my first version:

Pin It



For this second version I wanted something old looking, chippy paint - the junkier, the better was my thought on this one. So I stained & painted and sanded until it looked like this.

Pin It


Pin It



Follow Me on Pinterest

Katie
J2J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips