Sunday, June 1, 2008

Anniversary

June 1st, 2008

Happy 6 year Wedding Anniversary to the love of my life!

[caption id="attachment_358" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My love in Iraq"][/caption]

I had to admit it has been a tough day to spend without him, and I have had way too much time on my hands to reminisce and sulk all day. I’ve tried to scrapbook but couldn’t get motivated so mostly I have been eating the pain away today – lotsa chocolate chip cookies. But no matter how hard this day is, we have a great life in-spite of the current circumstances and being separated for the most part of the past year. We have an amazing love and friendship that is enduring and even growing and thriving thru this deployment. I just wish he was here today, and every day to hold in my arms and to give kisses to show you how much I care about him. Rather than sending another letter…it’s just not right!

Honey, I trust you to love me for a lifetime, to never betray me or my trust, to put my needs above even your own, to never run from me. I trust you like no one else in my life, past or present. It’s a vulnerable state to be in. I can’t lose you. Please realize you are holding my heart and that it’s fragile and you have to honor it in all your actions.  I don’t know what to say other than that, I come with baggage – and now it’s yours to carry too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips